Frequently Asked Questions about 3D Walk-Through Virtual Tours
1. Are there any limitations to how big an area can be captured?
Not really. With spaces of more than about 12,000 square feet, we will have to split the spaces into multiple tours, though.
2. Can there be people in the space when it is being scanned?
No. The space must be empty of people, pets or anything else that moves.
3. Will my Walk-Through Tour work on any device?
Yes, as long as the device supports a new (2013 or later) browser. It works on all modern devices from smart phones to tablets to laptops to desktops.The tours automatically size themselves to the device and can tell if it is touch-screen or mouse-driven.
4. How long does it take to capture a Walk-Through Tour?
It depends on the space being captured. A 2,500 foot space can be scanned in about an hour or so. Larger spaces take proportionately longer.
5. Can I put the Tour on my own server?
No, we provide you with both an e-mailable link AND an embedding link so you can put the Tour on your website. Your Tour will run on our server so that it performs properly as it must use proprietary software during the viewing.
6. Is this the same type of tour I've seen promoted on CNN, The Wall Street Journal, etc.?
Yes! It is a genuine Matterport 3D Tour. We use a Matterport scanning 3D camera and our Tours are hosted on Matterport's servers. We are an authorized Matterport practitioner!
7. Can you scan outdoors?
The 3D Walk-Through system is optimized for indoor spaces. However, under certain circumstances we can scan patios and the like.
8. Can the 3D Tours be retouched to exclude things?
No. We can exclude rooms from the tours by simply closing the doors to them, but otherwise, whatever is there will be there in your tour.
9. How much does it cost?
Each job is quoted separately based on the time it will take to scan and process it. Please call or email for a quote.
10. How long do you keep my Walk-Through Tour active?
For short-term use, such as homes for sale, we include free hosting for 4 months. For longer term use, such as commercial or retail Tours, there is a yearly fee based on the size of the file.
11. How long after you scan will the Tour be available?
Generally 24 to 48 hours after the scan is done, you will have your link and embed code.